Today I'm reviewing what I hoped to accomplish in 2017 and what I did accomplish.
My goals were:
- Publish Dawn of Mammals 5, Mammoth -- I did that (but forgot the paperback for months! Oops!)
- Write two Oil Apocalypse novels -- I wrote three, so A+ on this item
- Finish and publish Crow Vector -- I did that
- Revise my pen name historical novel about my great-grandmother’s childhood and get it out there. Oops again. I didn’t so much as read it.
- But I also wrote a short fantasy novel, which I’m finishing revising right now, and a half-dozen short stories in various genres.
Also, two audio book companies approached me and so two of my series are out in audio now--though I can't really pat myself on the back much for that, for all I did was sign some papers!
This next year, my goals are:
- Revise and publish all those short stories and the short novel in two volumes (one fantasy, one mixed genres, including tie-ins to Gray and Dawn of Mammals and the world of what will be Oil Apocalypse 6 or 7)
- Write two more Oil Apocalypse books
- Write more short stories during times I'll be busy with non-writing work
- At least read my poor, neglected great-grandmother novel, which I've had drafted for seven years.If I can revise it great, but I'll lower my expectation and merely ask myself to read it.
- Exercise more because I’ve been tied to my computer now for two years (11 novels written, edited, and published) and need to take care of myself, no matter what Amazon’s algorithms are demanding of me.
Happy New Year to everyone. I'll be back on Sundays with non-fiction articles again, these next two posts about some aspect of disaster recovery I've not yet addressed.
Post a Comment
moderated twice a week, so please be patient!